Common Goal is a movement of football players, managers and supporters who share a mission to change the game for good.
The idea is simple. Our members pledge a minimum of 1% of their annual wages to a collective fund. And we allocate this fund to high-impact football charities from all over the world.
It’s a small commitment that drives big change—building a bridge between the world of football and the sustainable development of our planet.
As it stands, the Common Goal team boasts around 50 members in total, including World Cup winners Juan Mata, Mats Hummels, Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate Communications Intern (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Communications Intern, you’ll be working closely with our strategic communications manager to create and share compelling content across all of our digital channels. You’ll also be responsible for designing and disseminating this content, and supporting the management of our mainstream media contacts. And, of course, you’ll get to play some football. We love kicking off the day with a game from time to time.
- Support in the execution of the communication strategy
- Support in creative development and execution of content
- Developing and refining our social media strategy
- Conceiving, drafting and posting content for our channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website)
- Maintaining an active social media community and calendar
- Managing our mainstream media contacts
- Analysis and assessment of the strategy’s performance
- You have a keen and active interest in social media
- You have some professional experience working in digital communications
- You are familiar with Adobe Suite, and a proficient user of PhotoShop and InDesign
- You are a native English speaker (bonus points for additional languages)
- You are a matriculated university student—preferably in an advanced semester
- You are Berlin-based or willing to relocate
- You buy into our mission and are willing to go the extra mile for the cause
- A paid internship of 3-6 months; the start date is ASAP
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to both the football industry and charity sector
- A stimulating work environment with lovely colleagues, flat hierarchies and creative freedom
- The opportunity to position yourself at the heart of a growing movement that’s changing the game for good
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Community Management Intern? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application, including the following documents, via our online application form or by email to Andrew Wisniewski at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV
- A 250-300 word cover letter—stating your interest and experience
- In no more than 400 words, write a short update to the community who have subscribed to the Common Goal newsletter about a new player (of your choice) who has joined the movement.
- In no more than 400 words, write a short press clipping on one of the key topics since the launch of Common Goal that you believe will highlight its value and is interesting for the wider community.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
You can find more information about us on