FC Bayern Munich is one of the world’s most successful sports organizations on and off the pitch. Since the club’s foundation in 1900, FC Bayern has won 27 national championships, 18 domestic cups as well as five UEFA Champions League titles, making it the most successful German team in history.
FC Bayern is also renowned globally for its financial success, youth development and supporter culture. FC Bayern has a unique history of profitability, a track record of developing world class talent, as well as a unique ownership structure of being owned by more than 290,000 club members, the most of any sports organization in the world.
With over 652 million followers worldwide, FC Bayern is one of the strongest brands in global sports.
In April 2014, FC Bayern opened an U.S. office in New York City to engage with the millions of fans living in the United States and the Americas. Furthermore, the office is tasked to explore commercial opportunities in the Americas.
The office was founded, and is managed, by Rudolf Vidal, President Americas.
Since opening, the New York office has been primarily tasked with building the brand and growing the footprint of FC Bayern in the Americas. The new role of the Senior Partnership Sales Manager will have to leverage the success and growth of the club in the Americas commercially.
The Senior Partnership Sales Manager will be based in New York City and will be responsible for developing and maximizing sponsorship, partnership and licensing revenues for FC Bayern Munich in the Americas through creative sales.
The successful candidate must be highly creative and self-motivated with a collaborative approach to generating and executing business, in addition to being an outstanding ambassador for the club.
This entails reporting to the Head of Partnerships at the New York office and working on a consistent basis with FC Bayern’s global sales teams to maximize the success for the entire club.
- Generating revenue from the sale of corporate partnerships/sponsorships.
- Identifying and approaching partnership deals with corporations in the Americas in collaboration with the global sales team, local agencies and sales partners
- Work in coordination with the Head of Partnerships to develop a North American and Latin American sales strategy involving different stakeholders
- Establishing and leveraging a sales network for FC Bayern Munich in key markets
- Work experience: 6-8 years sales experience
- A track record in sports & media rights sales
- A strong network of decision makers within corporate sponsors
- Outstanding negotiation skills, both internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven by outstanding performance and customer service standards
- Experience in a results-orientated and commercial environment with a strong work ethic and the required energy and desire to be successful
- Experience of managing 3rd party stakeholder and agency relationships
- Excellent presentation skills
- A deep understanding of commercial partner needs
- A strong interest in, and experience in, soccer
- Experience of selling sports rights in international markets
- In depth knowledge and experience of the sports business from a property perspective
- Spanish preferred
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com