Common Goal is a movement of football players, managers and supporters who share a mission to change the game for good.
The idea is simple. Our members pledge a minimum of 1% of their annual wages to a collective fund. And we allocate this fund to high-impact football charities from all over the world.
It’s a small commitment that drives big change—building a bridge between the world of football and the sustainable development of our planet.
As it stands, the Common Goal team boasts around 50 members in total, including World Cup winners Juan Mata, Mats Hummels, Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate Community Management Intern (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Community Management Intern, you’ll be working closely with our partnerships manager to deliver a world-class donor experience to Common Goal’s members (players, managers and supporters who have signed up for the pledge). As part of your day-to-day responsibilities, you will build and maintain communication with Common Goal members and partners, conduct research that helps generate insights into our members’ needs and satisfaction levels and support the continuous improvement of Common Goal’s community engagement strategy. And, of course, you’ll get to play some football. We love kicking off the day with a game from time to time.
- To support our member communication across each stage of the customer lifecycle, from the formal onboarding and announcement of members to the timely delivery of impact reporting
- To develop and maintain a community engagement calendar that maps out community events and our year-round member communication
- To collect, manage and update data on Common Goal members and business partners
- To track measures of community engagement (such as our members’ Common Goal related social media activity) and gather feedback on our members’ motivations, needs and satisfaction
- To help evolve Common Goal’s community engagement strategy
- You have previous project management and/or community management experience
- You are a people person, with exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work and interact with a wide range of target audiences (ranging from professional football players to fans to business partners)
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask efficiently
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- You are a matriculated university student - preferably in an advanced semester
- You are Berlin-based or willing to relocate
- You believe in our mission and are willing to go the extra mile for the cause
- A paid internship of 3-6 months; the start date is ASAP
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to both the football industry and charity sector
- A stimulating work environment with flat hierarchies and creative freedom
- The opportunity to position yourself at the heart of a growing movement that’s changing the game for good
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Community Management Intern? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application, including the following documents, via our online application form or by email to Miriam Schneider at email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A 250-300 word cover letter—stating your interest and experience
- No more than 400 words on an outline of a community engagement campaign that you identify as relevant to Common Goal to increase community engagement
You can find more information about us on