streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 120 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than two million disadvantaged young people per year.
In the framework of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ streetfootballworld will be supporting the implementation of a football festival which will bring together 48 teams from around the world. The festival will demonstrate the impact that football can have in pursuing developmental goals and will be an exhibition of fair play, football passion and cultural diversity. The festival aims to impart values and life skills, both social and practical, on the participants, who were chosen due to their leadership potential and to the contributions they have made in their respective communities. During the festival, participants will have the opportunity to exchange best practices, play football and enjoy a unique intercultural experience together in the context of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good, we are looking for a passionate Festival Intern (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
In the preparation phase of the festival you will support various aspects of the event’s organisation, including communicating with the participating delegations, managing participant details, developing the festival programme and preparing the evaluation of the festival.
During the festival, from late June to early July 2018, you will be part of the team implementing the festival over two weeks in Moscow during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™. Together with hundreds of outstanding young people from around the world, we will celebrate the power of football for good.
Following the event you will support with the documentation and evaluation of the Festival.
- You are a matriculated university student (until the end of the internship) in an advanced semester. Please note that the internship needs to be recognized as practical semester/compulsory internship by your university.
- You have experience and passion for event organisation, ideally in the field of sports or culture.
- You have strong interest in and/or experience with topics like CSR, social entrepreneurship, development politics, development through football.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish. Proficiency in additional languages is a strong asset (Russian preferred).
- You have good knowledge of standard office software and you are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- You are a quick learner with the ability to self-manage tasks.
- You are a self-motivated and open-minded team player who likes to work together with people from different intercultural backgrounds and identifies strongly with our cause.
- You are willing and able to travel to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ for the implementation of the Festival.
- A 6-month internship to ideally start in February/March 2018. Our interns receive a remuneration of €450 per month for a full-time, 40h per week position.
- A stimulating work environment with flat hierarchies and an international, open-minded culture.
- A healthy work-life balance and personal development opportunities.
Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level?
Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please submit your application until 11 February 2018 - including your CV, references, and a cover letter via our online application form on our website.
Further questions can be directed by email to Manuel Normann, email@example.com.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced People!